Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dragging

So today just would not come to an end. The day just dragged on and on, with no end in sight.


Then when I finally thought that it could get no longer, the boss decided that we needed to all chat about our plans for the fall, and how we were going to approach some very big numbers from last year. As it's said, if you're not growing, you're dying.

So this meeting started at 4... And dragged ON AND ON.

It's not as if the meeting wasn't useful, it's just nothing that I
a) hadn't heard before
b) didn't already plan on doing
or
c) wasn't capable of being informed about via Email

I don't expect everyone in my office to enjoy typing or reading long emails. I'll even admit that I print out emails that are longer than a few pages rather than scroll through them.

I also don't expect them to remember everything from last fall. The fall in which my team was the one setting the record numbers that we are now trying to better. Some people weren't even with us, so it's new news to them. I know how I am going to manage my division in September, but maybe my ideas are useful to help the new guys.

The one thing I don't understand is how I end up in these things until 10PM...

I was at work at 7AM...



But hey, whatever. It's still beer.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Meetings are the bane of my existance. Total wastes of time mostly, so much so that I'm hoping to learn the art of sleeping with my eyes open.

Wanderlusting said...

I'm gonna live vicariously through work, since I am without a place to be bored at all day.

Oh wait, it's called my apartment. Still, I can have my meetings with myself by the pool.

The Stormin Mormon said...

Steph: No doubt. I wear contacts or I would have already put a significant amount of time into learning that trick.

Wander: If my meetings took place by the pool, I think that I would get so much more out of them. ;-)

megan said...

brutal.

Days like that definitely call for a beer... or 5