Monday, August 27, 2007

Driving With An Open Container

NO, not that kind of driving.

The second round of our beer enthusiast golf club was played Saturday! Here are the photos from the round. TimmyTim, Adams (like "Adams Golf"), and Brian came out to play, I snapped the photos (and played to), and we have no clue who won. We stop keeping score after about half of the round.

(Please not the obscene amount of digital noise in the pictures. Infinite respect to the person that knows what caused it, and why it was INTENTIONAL in the beginning. It's just that you don't realize how bad it is when taking the pictures. But I do feel bad about it.)

Adams:


Brian:


TimmyTim:

High Class Parking. Directly into the cart in front of us...

Away We Go:

Two Holes In. We haven't even had that many... Note the position of Brian's ball, directly in front of him, AFTER he has swung.

TimmyTim about to just crush the ball. This shot ended up right on the green:

Almost losing the cart coming into the fifth tee:

This is the pack of douchebags that played behind us:
We were having a good time, but keeping up with the group in front of us. We would arrive at the tee, and they had yet to leave. So of course, the group behind us is right on our asses. Slow in front of us means we're slow too. These fuckers made the day... Right on our rears, and bitching to the course marshal the entire day about us breaking rules. We were doing nothing of the sort, just having fun. Unfortunately everyone of these fuckers acted as if they were Tiger Fucking Woods, and took the game just as serious.

Funny. looks to me like I'm the one playing with Tiger Woods' clubs, and even his balls. (Wait, that really sounds wrong, his GOLF BALLS!!!!!):

After nine holes, we were all in need of some refreshments:
(Note: Not exactly Haute Cuisine, but anyone who has spent some time in college will attest that for less than a buck a piece, nothing pairs better with a Polish Sausage than a PBR.)

Some in the group "couldn't do Pabst." Of course note his fancy capri pants... No wonder.

Here we are waiting:

For the group in front of us. Tiger and the gang right on our asses:
But hey, look how good we are with our balls (no, those balls were not placed there, that was the shot grouping. Brian's ball is nowhere to be found...):

Of course, homage must be paid to the people who work at the course to drive you out $6 beers:

By the next hole we were getting quite belligerent. Not from alcohol, but the assholes behind us. So we all worked on showing them our opinion (note, TimmyTim did in fact miss the fucking ball):

But Brian was there to show him how it was done:

By the next hole I think that TimmyTim had quite enough:

Further displayed by the splendid dismount from the golf cart, parked by locking up the brakes and sliding it sideways:

So much fun that Brian needed a smoke:

TimmyTim just wanted to make it faster:

But even after all that, we were still hitting the ball well. Here's Adams for the win on 14:

OK, maybe not that well. I think this one was in someone's pool:

So of course, more fun was to be had in the carts. TimmyTim here at full opposite lock, and full throttle (after futzing with the speed governor). Quite insane, but he did slide just inside of the tree:

But alas, the day was almost through:

And right after this it started to pour down rain. The rest of the round was nothing but us doing our best to piss off the douchebags who were behind us. They managed to keep right on our asses. Perhaps because we took just over two hours to play the last four holes of the course. Of course, them being dicks to us the whole day had nothing to do with it. I am sure that we felt bad that they spent two hours in the rain, the cold Seattle rain...

At the end of the day, we had a blast. Round three is in the works, and there will be many (and better) photos.

14 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

LOL!

Great photos! I love drunk golf and driving the cart is by far my favorite part! I hate ppl who take life too seriously. HAVE SOME FUN ALREADY!

Doll Face said...

Hilarious! I never thought golf as a 'fun sport'

i keep saying i must enhance the use of 'douchebag' into my everyday vocabulary - i may challenge myslef to do so on friday in my last meeting on my last day ehhehee

so, a hot dog is the best a golf club can do for food?

curmudgeon said...

I'm jealous. Looks like a good time was had by all.

megan said...

I'm glad golf cart accidents were avoided and plenty of pictures were taken.

And couldn't get any classier with some pbr and dogs and talking about balls all day!

Eve said...

Hahahaha. That is too funny.

Sometimes lots of noise in photos is caused by a high ISO. You should be able to lower it, especially in outdoor shots.

Keshi said...

Some BOY fun ha. Nice pics :)

Love Brian's smile hehe.

btw where r ur pics? no fun if there's no pic of u too...especially if u played too.

Keshi.

The Stormin Mormon said...

PG: No shit. I enjoy driving the cart, but TimmyTim is a driver for a living. So I make him drive.

Nat: They have "real food" but for some reason crappy food makes so much more sense. The round of golf costs $200. They already have enough of our money.

Mudge: (My new favorite shortening of that one) We had a blast. I think that we have to up it to two a month.

Megan: We've flipped the cart a couple of times in the past, but the course marshal was on our ass after nine so we had to keep it sedate. (For Us)

Eve: Bingo. ISO 1600 to get perfect action stills. But then I thought about it, and it would have been cool to have motion blur on some of the shots. I think that I am going to do so next round. Especially the cart swerving.

Keshi: I'm behind the camera. Letting someone else use it really wasn't an option. It's to new and still a novelty.

Eve said...

Can you control shutter speed on your camera? Also, maybe try using the flash, if you're close enough. I don't know how that would look, though.

The Stormin Mormon said...

I can control EVERYTHING on my camera. That said, it was a really dull gray day (the rain), and as such I needed a ridiculous speed from the CCD to get enough light in the short amount of time that I had to take the picture to freeze the subjects.

Most of the shots are a bit far for the flash, but I think that wouldn't work for me anyways. I'm already that guy shooting with an SLR on the golf course. The last thing I need is more crap attached to the camera. (Though next trip I am trying out a new telephoto lens, maybe to zoom in on things from the tee.)

cadiz12 said...

i'm still trying to figure out the Man-pris.

christa said...

nicely done... the post (with all the pictures) and the golfing.

The Stormin Mormon said...

Cadiz: We tried to talk him out of it...

Christa: Thanks!

curmudgeon said...

Oh, and by the way. Ever try hitting the ball (not yours, theirs) backwards at assholes that like to try and hurry you? It is veeeerrrry effective.

little things said...

I do believe this is the first time I have looked at a golf game and considered it 'fun'.
Good for you...good friends...good times.
Thanks for showing!