Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Longest Week

Sometimes the weeks fly by, but this one has been the slowest collection of days. Each one just dragging on until the next finally shows up.

I have also been busy with Labor Day prep around the office. A beer man's job is never done...

That and the oncoming opening day of the NFL season.


Once September is here I think have a whole lot more in the world of time. Looking at my calendar, shit just slows down...


Big numbers to focus on:

400 - The number of cases of beer of a particular brand left to go, that sets a record for most in a month ever. We have been working our asses off combining advertising, retail programs, staff training (bar and restaurant staff know shit about beer, it would seem), and a slew of shady deals that I question the legality of because it looks to me like they are outright bribes to make this whole thing work. (Not that I have a problem with bribery, I could give a damn... I'm going to be a great politician some day.) If you own a TV and watch it, you have seen our commercials this month...

5 - The "real time" number of days left in August to accomplish this goal. (Monday the 27th, and weekends don't count because some of the right people aren't at work and so no progress on that number can be made.

250 - The almost non-existent bonus I get for setting this record. Obviously the company behind this brand is not swimming in cash like the one sending me to VEGAS. But hey, winning's winning. One of the guys that works for me saw that number and just started laughing. He said that he'd, "never seen me do so much work for so little." I explained to him, it's not the money that drives me. It's victory. :-)

And finally

7 - The number of days that I have gone without seeing Miss Very Nice (can't find the post on her to hyperlink to). She's got work, I've got work. And while she isn't addicted to her job like I am, she works a different schedule than my own, and it's making things tough. How the hell anyone in my company has a "normal relationship" I will never know, because I don't have the time. That said I have a very big charity event this weekend, and I need a date to it. Hopefully she can make it, because it would SUCK to be the only guy there flying solo. Everyone else that I can think of that is attending is married.

4 comments:

WiscoBlonde said...

Drop me an email and I'll buy a case...I've been meaning to do a bit of beer shopping! :)

Me Myself and I said...

bah! you're too young to be tied down by Ms. anything!

Don't you just had how two weeks suddenly turns into 5 days, thanks to useless weekends, holidays, etc?!

The Stormin Mormon said...

Wisco: Hahahaha. This is regional, or I would be posting on my blog that EVERYONE needed to be buying it.

PG: Yes, I am busy, and young. At the same time, aren't people my age supposed to date? I am the oldest 24 year old I know. I feel 35...

Jazz: You haven't commented yet, but I know that you will read this. So we both already can laugh a bit to ourselves because you called me an old man.

Peter said...

Whooooo! NFL season!!

I know that I am ignoring your main points, I am just ever so excited.

AND college football starts a week from tomorrow!