Monday, August 6, 2007

The Weekend Recap

So this weekend was far to little rest, but enough fun to make being tired on a Monday worth it.

Saturday was a couple of hours at the gym to start the day. Yenny called me up and met me there, with both of us glad to have the motivation to go and work out. I have been setting personal bests for time/distance when running, but neglecting my weight lifting a ton. So I spent the morning just hammering my muscles. The neglect was apparent, and I think that every single muscle group that I worked was 20% weaker than the last time I actually paid attention when lifting. My legs were doing fine, but with all of the running it isn't a shock.
So of course, after the gym the only real option is to go have a ridiculous breakfast with Yenny and her fiance. We headed over to the restaurant and proceeded to undo any positive work that the gym had done. The food was delicious, and we just sat there resting for a couple of hours. After that the rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing at home, and enjoying the day.

Sunday was an early morning and a late night. At 5AM, the F1 Grand Prix of Hungary was on. After a very interesting race Lewis Hamilton kicked ass yet again, and his lead (and Mercedes Benz's lead) on the championship standings has grown even more. After the race I actually had to get out of bed, and run some errands. I went clothes shopping.
On the advice of many people, I did not buy nothing but black pants. I bought two pairs of black Zegna flat front pants, and one pair in gray. I'm a rebel.
I also picked up a few new shirts to go with the new pants. One in Bordeaux (a really red purple, for those who drink wine, the colors name is a perfect description), one in Grey (no, not to go with the grey pants), and one in Prussian Blue. The one thing that I spaced on, not a single tie whatsoever. So I have a bunch of new shirts that I don't really have ties to go with. Oh well, maybe it's just an excuse to go back.
After shopping I headed up to my buddy Monty's house on Lake Washington for SeaFair. SeaFair is a huge deal for people here in the Seattle area, and every year it's a damn circus. But at the same time, it's a lot of fun.
We spent the afternoon drinking, and screwing around. Then we got the great idea to swim across Lake Washington. For those of you who don't live here, that is not a short swim. It's a really long swim. Like a mile...
So, obviously we made it, because I'm still alive, but I am sunburnt all to hell. My entire body just hurts. We made it back to the house, ate some tacos, and called it a night.

Monday I was just dragging. I think that the sun had worn me down the day before, and then the whole "wearing clothing" at work was wickedly uncomfortable. Now I'm at home and trying to wind down and get some sleep.

4 comments:

Doll Face said...

i love the shopping recap, but i think it's becasue i find it a bit girlie LOVE Zenga - stylin'


so tell me was the swim 'a good idea at the tine' and just out of curiosity, since you got all burnt where did you leave your clothes?

Peter said...

I haven't watched a single lap of F1 since JV was ousted.

Speaking of, wasn't he supposed to be in Nascar by now?

Trundling Grunt said...

I think the only consolation to exercise is to have a drink and a good meal afterwards.

Me Myself and I said...

I'm the opposite at the gym. I could weight lift forever and be happy...I avoid cardio like the plague. Its just too boring!