Sunday, June 3, 2007

Lazy Weekends Are The Worst

So this weekend I really didn't do much of anything.


Saturday I spent the day hanging out with some friends in the backyard. Grilling, playing catch, and then a weird version of baseball that was played with a shovel for a bat (we'd been drinking but not that much) and a camping chair as a catcher.

The burgers were delicious, and I think that if I could patent my recipe I would. It's a new mix of paprika, salt, pepper, curry powder, and garlic. I was out of garlic and so I made this weekend's burgers without it, but they still were juicy and tender. Short of having some salsa for the chips, everything was perfect.


Sunday has been the laziest day ever. I was up at seven, and yet still did not leave my bed until noon. Just laid in bed playing games of chess against Vista and watching TV.

Then I got a weird phone call today from a chick that I went out with and didn't hit it off with at all. I mean there really just was not a whole lot in common there and we really did not make an effort to go out again. She wants to go out again on Friday night, and I played it safe. I said that I had to see what's going on with work, and that I'll get back to her first thing this week. I don't know if I want to go our with her or not. I really had fun the last time we went out, but that's just because I have fun every time that I go out.

Apart from that it has been nothing but relaxing and getting ready for next week. Being the first week of the month there is always stuff to be done on Monday (liquor control board mandated pricing changes, corporate program changes for monthly specials, etc...), and I am not looking forward to Tuesday. Tuesday should manage to become a 15 hour day (5AM to 8PM).


So now I'm going to sit back, relax, and enjoy the final hour of Sunday.

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

We all need lazy backyard days, love having a BBQ, the kids love my hamburgers too, I put salt pepper garlic onion tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce in mine :)
Oh, and of course, healthy heart mince.

little things said...

One of the guys that I did NOT want to go out with, turned out to be my favorite prospect in the end.
Too bad he was already engaged to someone else though...
:)

Me Myself and I said...

mmm...bbq.

I say, if you aren't excited at the prospect of going out with her again, don't. It's just kind of cruel, being that if she called you she is probably interested.

Although, that being said, maybe a second date would be a good idea because its so hard to guage someone from one encounter.

But who am I kidding. We all know pretty much right away if we're going to like someone or not.

Whoa! sorry for the dating rant. Seriously though, don't take any advice from me because I'm as clueless in the dating world as the next guy (or gal).