Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ignoring My Blog (Part... Some Big Number)

So, I would love to claim that I haven't been ignoring my blog, but I have been.


If it makes anyone feel any better, I have been ignoring a lot of things in my life.


Last week my mother ended up having to have emergency surgery, and I flew down to their home. When I got back, everything did not seem to matter. My house, my car, my life, my blog... None of it. My friends mattered though, and I have spent a bunch of time around people, when I have had the time.

Mom is doing better now, but there were some rough patches. It was scary there for a while, and I was worried that I was going to lose her. I've only had 23 years, that's just not enough...

And for right now, a lot of my life seems like it's unimportant. All of the stuff that I worked so hard to get is, well... Just stuff... It's shit that, at the end of the day, doesn't mean a damn thing...

So I need to take some time to figure this all out. I'm busting my ass at work (4th of July coming up and all), I'm tired, and I just want to fly back to my parents house again. I don't know what the hell I am doing, but I know that I am finally running out of energy to do it.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh sweetie, I hope your mom is ok.
It really puts things into perspective when something like that happens.
Your blog isn't going anywhere, you focus on what you need to right now.

Take care hun ((big hugs))
xx

Trundling Grunt said...

Treasure your mother. The rest is details