Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Not Ignoring My Blog

So I totally need to be better about not ignoring my blog when I get something new...


Monday I picked up a Zune, because I just can't support Apple. I wish I could, but I'm sorry, $600 for an 8GB iPhone and that's with Cingular eating a few hundred dollars a unit, give me a break... I can get an 8GB memory card for my Treo that holds photos, music, and video. And not in a proprietary format that nothing else can read (meaning that I can't share the stuff with people at work).

If they had come correct, it would be a 10GB for $500, and a 20GB for $600. But they don't want to compete with the sales of their base iPod.

And yes, I do know that MS is doing a Zune phone, but their estimated retail is $200 cheaper for a 10GB microdrive based phone. Microsoft filled a patent for a 4G filesharing/communication device, and Sprint conveniently announced the roll out of the 4G network in the US (Feb '07). So the phone is obviously going to be a 4G CDMA on the Sprint/Nextel Network. Other cool shit includes; WiMax file sharing (sending entire MP3's like a text message), and a Touch Screen. It's not available for another 5 months (my guess is day after Thanksgiving, and I'll put money on that), but for less money and on a better network I think it will do better.


And then I got a KTF EV-K100... It's the thinnest cell phone in the world. This thing makes my Treo look like a beast (and I still had to keep the Treo for work). It's really cool, but it only works on Sprint's network after one of our IT guys at work fiddled with it for me. I bought it for it's capabilities as a world phone, as I found out that I am going to Belgium and Germany this year for work (2 seperate trips). I figured that I needed a phone that would work anywhere, and I'm sure that work has no problem paying a minor upgrade fee to be able to keep in touch with me when I'm away.

(Pics of these things coming soon. I can't find my digital camera... That's what I get for buying the small one.)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I blacked out after the first couple sentences nbut I have to say I have never bought any Apple products but this new phone is so amazing looking...I WANT IT! Also I am becoming tired of Windows taking over everything and clogging my system with crapp I never use and am thinking about buying an Apple computer. My husband had a nervous breakdown when I told him these things.

I have a Razr, pink. it is thin. Too thin for me as it is hard to hold and use. I have a Bluetooth I use constantly because that way I don't have to hold my cool thin phone and have it slip out of my hands crashing to the ground. Thin is cool but not practical for human hands.