Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Bad News

So work has been doing it's best to kill me. My boss went on vacation at the beginning of the month and left me in charge of his job... And I'm still doing my job too...

Needless to say, I have been very tired.

Then there is the ACL. Apparently the damn thing is much more damaged than initially thought (fucker is GONE), I had cracked my femur, and I'm going to have to get surgery. An allograft from an organ donor. Some poor schmuck that has had it worse off than I, yet managed to keep his knees intact. I know that my analysis of this sounds callous, but I can't get past the fact that I am going to be 24 and getting knee reconstruction surgery. And from racquetball. As if the dangerous sports that I play, and dangerous things that I do, can't manage to hurt me, I get injured whacking a little rubber ball around a room.

So I am in a foul mood about the surgery and then get told that I have to miss three weeks (maybe more) of work...

Don't get me wrong, monetarily three weeks of work is easily covered, and I happen to have the sick leave that I can take anyways, but I just hate the idea of being gone from work for three weeks. I'm not a huge fan of my vacations, let alone a three week period away from work during a time of year when they need me. Football season, the playoffs, and then the Superbowl. It's one of those things that while not in any way being my direct responsibility, there's a lot to do that I can help with, and a lot that I want to be responsible for.

So I asked my doc if I can put it off until February... She said that she'd get back to me.


So that's been my world for the past ten days.



Addition: I am listening to MC Hammer right now. I have no clue as to why...

7 comments:

Eve said...

Oh no! That sucks!

But maybe there are some alternative solutions you and your doctor can come up with. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

WiscoBlonde said...

Yuck! I hope it all works out!

? said...

I just hate the idea of being gone from work for three weeks.

WHAT?! Haven't your parents ever taught you how to be a lazy slob like the rest of us?

But seriously, I am sorry to hear about your ACL. May you be on the mend soon enough!

christa said...

awww... i'm sorry. i hope that you get lots of balloons and flowers when you are in the hospital.

Keshi said...

that suxx. Hope better days are ahead of u Mormon TC!

Keshi.

Alan said...

Best of luck getting the knee fixed up. I love the idea of three weeks away from work!

Me Myself and I said...

I know the feeling (about being tired.) I have been working for the past 6 weeks with only one day off. But the thing is, as tired as I am, I really can't fathom taking a day off because there is too much to do! So I totally get where you're coming from.