Saturday, February 16, 2008

So...

Here I am trying to come up with a cohesive post from the emails that I sent myself Thursday and Friday and all I can think about is:

Drinking last night - Yeah... I think if I weren't getting paid by a beer company I would have a problem. But, I call it "work" and at least I feel great about myself.

More beer pong, where my teammate left me FLYING SOLO, as he was chasing some tail. The S.O.B. didn't even get lucky and I had to play against a two person team, which means I was drinking twice as much. I still won every game, and I think that I might call it training for THIS next year. Though I can not compete thanks to my job, which pisses me off. I could probably win the damn thing.

And then there is the fact that I really don't get hung over. I woke up today feeling great at 9AM (which is sleeping in). I walk outside to get the paper, and notice that my Wall Street Journal is in Japanese. Which pisses me the hell off. I could read it if I wanted to take the time, though my Japanese is rusty, it's still there. So I'm debating that one right now...

Finally there is tomorrow. I have to go to a damn baby shower, and in case you missed it, I fucking hate children. But it's for a friend, she's super excited about the damn thing, and I already bought the gift... God I hate children... *shudders*

14 comments:

WiscoBlonde said...

I just went to a baby shower for my cousin who was 33 and the last one in her group of girlfriends to get pregnant. This means I was 10 years younger than all of them and had to listen to them talk about their own pregnancies the whole afternoon.

Ech.

The Charming Hedonist said...

The last baby shower I was forced into ended with all of the moms talking about their baby's poop. Seriously.

Brunhilda said...

I hope you don't have to play gross baby shower games. I've read about some really horrible ones, like melting candy bars into diapers and making people guess which one is which. Fucking sick, people.

I love beer pong. Love love love. Possibly almost as much as I love flip cup.

Susie said...

I haven't played beer pong (orrr beiruit as well call it up North!) in wayyy too long. Need to remedy that ASAP.

Jealous you can read Japanese. I'm trying to learn but it's not really the easiest thing I've ever done.

Uhhh boys go to baby showers?? Poor you!

The Stormin Mormon said...

TO ALL:

Yeah...

Trying to find a way out of it as we speak.

T-Minus 8 hours until what is certainly going to be a damn nightmare.

The Stormin Mormon said...

And did I mention that I hate children.


They're not cute, they're gross.

Me Myself and I said...

seriously, what is beer pong?

The Charming Hedonist said...

So, what happened to the promised Saturday post? Was that it?

The Stormin Mormon said...

Not so much...

I got distracted.

Jaime said...

You should try paying 100 cup beer pong.

Jaime said...

Try again...

You should try PLAYING 100 cup beer pong.

Alan said...

I've often made that comment that if we didn't have children, there would be a Porsche sitting in my driveway. The kids were generally not amused.

m said...

You don't get hangovers? That is SO not fair.

Just Wandering... said...

You have just become my favorite person EVER! I HATE children! AHHH!