Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wiped Out

So I got home last night/this morning at 5AM after a night of hanging out with my guys (and girls) from work at the dueling piano bar we have in town. GREAT times had by all, and I really love the whole dueling piano theme...

So of course, I get a call from Jen at 10AM asking me if I wanted to go to the gym. 5 hours of sleep after a night of partying, and what the hell, I've had enough.

Then I had a great idea. Lets go to the treadmills...

I still have not had my ACL fixed (the thing is totally gone) so running was not a real option, and I set the thing at 4MPH and a 10 rating on the incline, just a brisk walk... Three miles later, I was done, the knee just not having any more of it.

I think I am going to keep forcing myself to do it a few days a week. It wasn't horribly comfortable, but losing my ability to run has been driving me mad, and at least the really quick uphill walk felt like a warm up.

Not it's seven at night, and I am just OUT. So very tired.

4 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Get your ACL fixed! It'll be like six months of recovery, so you should get started on it sooner than later. You'll thank yourself.

I had mine done at Virginia Mason and liked them a lot, so if your insurance likes them, that's who I would recommend.

The Stormin Mormon said...

Seq: You had your knee fixed in Seattle?

Brunhilda said...

Well, technically in the suburbs, but yes. My surgery and physical therapy were in the same building, so sometimes my surgeon would check in to see how it was coming along. I felt very well taken care of. Plus I had an event I didn't want to attend on crutches and they helped move my surgery date forward (which is like unheard of) so I could be off crutches in time for it.

Alan said...

Just got off the treadmill (4 incline, 3.5 MPH) myself. Good place to watch movies.