Monday, July 9, 2007

Making It Through Monday

So today was on of the busiest Mondays in a very long time.

It would have been reasonable to assume that the weekend AFTER the week of the Independence Day holiday would have been relatively slow in comparison to the week preceding it. People should have gotten their fill of drinking during the week.

But record high temperatures and the ice cold refreshment of a good beer kept the people coming back for more. Sales over the weekend were epic, and tomorrow is going to be even bigger because I have to visit The Island. It amazes me that every summer it MUST be like this, and yet every winter I forget just how busy it can be when it's hot out.



Aside from work, I finally got the drive up to reorganize my room. This may sound like a minor event, but it was really necessary because the ergonomics of the room sucked. It was just difficult to have anyone in the room due to the fact that my obnoxious dresser took up a ton of space, and the TV sitting at the foot of the bed also made for a lot of useless room.

Why have anyone in the room?

Well if you can't figure that one out, you shouldn't be reading my blog. :-) J/K...

In reality the best TV in the house is in my room, and the Playstation 3. If I want to have friends play, they have to sit in my room. Which used to be a pain in the ass, even though I have a comfy leather chair in the room. Now there is a lot more space and the same comfy chair is just easier to get to. That said, I am still in the process of working out all of the final details of the situation... There is a BUNCH of stuff that I need to clean up, and I have two mirrors that are going to need to go somewhere, I am just not sure where. Somehow in making more room, I have also made a lot more of a mess.

4 comments:

Doll Face said...

People must've got the taste for the grog... But, Monday for a busy day? I was out and abut last night (Darling Harbour, touristy area) dead. Drove through the Cross on my way home and only a few navy boys trolling the sreets..

I'm not a TV in the bedroom girl.i think the only entertainment for a bedrrom should be played out on the bed ;-)

cadiz12 said...

as someone who was adddicted to organization shows, i've learned you can't have zen with out a big mess first. all the best with that project.

curmudgeon said...

I'm sure there is room on the ceiling for those mirrors. Or is that where they came from? ;)

Cazzie!!! said...

You have a PS3? Move on over, I am bringing my boys on over, they are missing their XBox right now