Sunday, July 29, 2007

Working On A Sunday

So of course, yesterday I had a lot of fun and spent the entire day hanging out with a bunch of VW and Audi guys. There are hundreds of photos that I'll have to put up when I have the time.

Waterwagens, the biggest VW/Audi show in the state (perhaps the entire Pacific Northwest) is going on today at Pacific Raceways and I'm not attending.

Why? Because work needed to be done, and I am the guy that somehow always ends up "volunteering."

My boss took me to breakfast this morning and we spent some time going over a few critical things before work Monday morning. There is a lot to be done on Monday, and we just wanted to make sure that we had enough time to cover everything. Tuesday is the last day of the month, and it is to be saved exclusively for covering our asses and fixing whatever gets done wrong on Monday, so those hours are already spoken for. So Mondays work had to be carefully planned, and the time accounted for. Thank God we bothered to do so.

Apparently to finish everything that we wanted to do on Monday it would have taken a 14 hour day. I'd rather put in a few hours today and not work form 6AM tomorrow until 8PM at night. So here I sit at home, after finishing everything at the office and mailing myself what I could do at home. It isn't that bad. Shark Week is on the TV, I can update my blog while I wait for a Powerpoint show to download, and I can have a cold beer and a burger while working on a Sunday.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Whatever!!! You can't dress up working on a sunday. Even with beer it's still working on a SUNDAY!! ;)

Cazzie!!! said...

I concur with Steph..what say you?

Me Myself and I said...

well if you have to work at home, a burger and a beer is a nice incentive!

christa said...

you probably should have had TWO or THREE beers.