Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thank God For Text Messaging

And boo for the "Call Sender" option in the reply menu...


So instead of just going to bed, like I should have when I was hammered on great wine. I decided that I should text message M.V.N. before going to sleep. The following is the exact text of the conversation, thanks to the message log on my Treo:

S - "HEY, just wanted to say good night. Vacation has been a blast, and I am having way to much fun."

M.V.N. - "LOL, what have you and your parents been up to?"

S - "OH... MY... GAWD... I am d-runk... Someone take my phone away. My parents ordered wine with dinner. Lots..."

(Now we can all admit that I have an ellipsis problem. It is my way to indicate any pause in conversation longer than half a breath. I guess it comes from being from a bunch of old Germans who talk at autobahn speeds. If there is any pause, I must indicate that it occured, and I do it even when writing. Apparently this is magnified when I am drunk.)

M.V.N. - "I Heart You."

M.V.N. - "Where are you drunk at?"

S - "Reno. And I'm drunk. And I should shut up before I get into trouble."

M.V.N. - "You tard, I know you're in Reno. Where in Reno are you drunk?"

S - "Earlier, the steakhouse. My parents house, now. Just Let me water your plants..."

(That link should explain the comment, her and I laugh about it all of the time when people ask for favors or are staying at our houses.)

M.V.N. - "For the love of God, the boy is already watching your house, just let him water the damn plants. Somebody's got to do it."

S - "Hey, what are you doing Sunday? HINT: The correct answer is; "Having dinner with Stormin."


PHONE RINGS.


FUCK.


Of coure, my drunk ass picks it up.


The ensuing conversation is now a little hazy in memory. I think it was a little hazy at the time. All I recall is that I am having dinner with M.V.N. Sunday at 8PM, and I don't think I made to much of an ass of myself.

I'm sure that I did not say the words "miss you" even though I should have.

I am also sure that she is content with whatever our situation is because she's sent me messages almost every day since. So whatever I said, it didn't piss her off to much.

3 comments:

m said...

I....have....an....ellipsis problem too. I embrace it.

TSTuesday said...

Ohhh this is good! See, told you it would be ok to drunk text "miss you" or something like it. Cheers!

Love the ellipsis problem.

Eve said...

Stormin' and E, sitting in a tree...