Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's almost April...

I can't believe that there is one week left in the first quarter of the year. In 7 days 2007 is 25% complete. For me April means many things.

Bonus checks... In my business bonuses are paid quarterly. It used to be every four months, and that sucked, but someone came to their senses and decided to pay us once every three months. It makes no difference either way for them (bonuses come from our suppliers, so it's not money out of their pocket), and we don't wait as long for money that we have already earned. My bonus check (which I have already calculated the value of) is going right into savings. But at least I get to earn interest on it.

Car Shows... There is a huge one in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho this month that I have been looking forward to. There is as big Seattle contingent that is leaving as one group to drive over and back, so the six hour trip isn't going to be that bad. I have a ton of things that I have to get before then though. 2 way radios (1 for each car), some more detailing supplies for the car (I have to fully detail the car in Idaho, after the drive over, so I make a "car kit"), booking hotel rooms HERE, and tracking down someone to come with in my car. The radios make the drive a little better, because we can screw around and chat the entire way there, but it's nice to have company in the car for the trip. Either way this is probably the highlight of the month.

Tax Refund... So I always wait until the last minute on things that matter, but I was worried about having to pay, and instead it looks like Uncle Sam owes me $800. I think that the check covers my trip to Idaho, so I go on a vacation for free (or damn close to it). SWEET...

And of course I'm sure that more stuff will come up, it always does.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hooray for bonus cheques! I miss those.

WiscoBlonde said...

For me, April means my BIRTHDAY! Whoo!

Del said...

Its scary how quickly the year has gone!!

cadiz12 said...

i set up a savings account in a credit union that is almost impossible to get to and forwarded a chunk of my check there every month. i'm so thankful because now that i'm freelancing, it's paying for my exorbitant health insurance.