Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Audible

It would seem that people can sense my intentions and will shift things in the universe just to make things happen. As I was about to execute on the whole "out to dinner plan," a friend calls up and says that his girlfriend's sister is in town, and wants to go out to dinner. He wants me to go with the three of them...

Blind Date Sorta.

Which leads me to two possible preconcieved notions about this whole thing:
1 - That he is serioulsy concerned that the GF's sister is going to cockblock him all night (which doesn't make much sense, they've been dating for a while)...
2 - That he's trying to use me as a distraction because he can't stand her, or just doesn't want to be around her.

Neither of them give me anything even resembling a desire to go out, but I can't say no to a friend. Especially if she's the cockblocking type. Ladies, a bit of a lesson about guys...

Cockblocking friends do serve to ward off the assholes to a degree. But fortunately, years of evolution have lead to the males in our species devising phenominal strategies with which to combat your efforts. In the end, the assholes still get through, and their friends end up spending the evening chatting with someone and wishing they could slit their wrists wide open with a cocktail napkin papercut. The general point is: be the asshole yourself, and just say "you aren't interested" to the choad in the played out unbuttoned dress shirt.

So, not only am I going out, but I get to drive to downtown Seattle from my house in the rain.

We end up having dinner at Buenos Aires in Seattle. It's really a great restaurant, and I haven't ever found a steakhouse like it. Argentinian food is delicious...

And the entire night was really enjoyable. I have to say that I haven't had that much fun with strangers (I'd never met the GF or her sis) ever before, and I'm glad my bud dragged me out. Adrianne (the sis from Florida) was really cool, and I'm glad I got to meet her. Hillarious jokes (I've never laughed so hard in my entire life), actually interesting stories, and she's really cute too. It's a shame she lives in Florida...

So I guess that Friday night was a great night, and it set the weekend up right.

2 comments:

MadameBoffin said...

Cockblocking... interesting.

Eve said...

I don't bother to cockblock. My friends can tell when a guy is a douche.