Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So I Get Home

And I do what I do every day. Grab a ROCKSTAR, turn on the TV/Monitor, turn on the computer, and begin perusing my daily blog reads...

During all of this I opened my Email, and I have a "Forward" from some jackass whining about gun control, the dangers of firearm ownership, and the need to keep firearms away from people...

As such I have deleted the person who forwarded the Email from my address book, and blocked their address. I can't stand people who want to whine about the government trying to take away their privacy rights, reproductive rights, gay rights, etc... But when it comes to MY RIGHTS (and I want my privacy and such too) they don't give a damn about my constitutionally listed right to own firearms. They're kept unloaded in a safe (well, everyone except the one I am carrying at the time, because YES, I do have my concealed carry permit), they are registered, and they are no threat to anyone except someone trying to harm me...

So while I own many firearms, here is a photo or four of the scariest looking one. This is the kind of gun owned strictly for competitions or collecting (I do both). No gang banger is going to have one of these, it's custom made for me and cost more than any small time crack dealer could earn in a month.

Comped CAR-15


Unloaded. Note the nickel plated cases on the rounds. These help the action (bolt) cycle smoother as it fires, increasing reliability, and at ONLY DOUBLE THE COST... :-)


Upper Receiver Open


Upper and Lower Receivers separated. This is how it is stored, and as such the thing is useless. It couldn't fire a bullet if someone got a hold of it, and would only do damage if they threw it at someone (and not much at that, it's really quite light).


So, sorry to not be my normal sedate self. I'm sure that some (or many) of you all may disagree with me. I welcome your comments for discussion... :-)

8 comments:

Doll Face said...

You have legal consent to keep one of those puppies?

huh?

Looks big and scary...

I thought is was citizens in the southern states that had riffles etc?

I don't understand. Australia. No gun.

PS i hate any emails stressing 'a cause' the only cause i'm interested in is me. call me selfish.

The Stormin Mormon said...

In America, being a citizen over the age of 18 with a clean criminal/mental history is the "legal consent."

The rest of it is taken care of by the manufacturers pricing most people out of the market. 99% of people have no desire to spend thousands of dollars on a firearm.

Eve said...

Whoa. You can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon? Huh?

And that gun looks scary, albeit fun to fire.

I love shooting guns, I must say. The bigger the better, too. However, in my life, I have absolutely no use for them. I figure, if you want to protect yourself, use your words and learn how to fight.

curmudgeon said...

Good thing it's disassembled. You know how dangerous those things can be.
They just jump up and go out to kill people at random.

It may be a sad state of affairs, but nowadays learn how to fight means learn how to fight on equal ground. Too many idiots carrying now who shouldn't be. Fists or a baseball bat just just don't cut it.
One needs to be prepared, even if it isn't used.

Trundling Grunt said...

Nah, I don't agree with you. But it ain't worth falling out over or proselytising about.

But it does look rather cool - have to admit that.

WiscoBlonde said...

I thought you promised a post with less whining? :)

Me Myself and I said...

No comment ;)

Cazzie!!! said...

Ohhh, now you ARE TALKING!!! Love the hardware man :)

http://idontdomornings.blogspot.com/2006/05/good-old-days.html