Sunday, January 13, 2008

1 800 SELL OUT

No, I have not sold my beloved Colts down the river and given up on them. The season is just over and now I have the opportunity to focus on my first love. Hockey

So my blog has shifted to show my undying love of the Dallas Stars.

For my Minnesota readers that think I happen to have sold out the Twin Cities, I moved from Edina to Arlington the same year as the Stars made their journey south... It was fate that kept us together, and I'll support the team until the day I die.

(Uniquely enough, my father being from Baltimore and then Indy creates a similar origin for my Colts football fanaticism.)

Dallas is currently in second place in their Division within the Western Conference, and in third place in the West overall (should the season end tomorrow, we make the playoffs). Their record has them tied for fourth in the entire NHL... It's been a good year so far, and if San Jose can be stopped, we'll win the Pacific Division Title this year. But, we also have to contend with the Anaheim Ducks (last years champs).

I'll try to keep the hockey chat down to a dull roar, as I'm sure that 90% of the people stopping by have no desire to know my stance on Shootouts vs. Overtime, or the two line pass.


Go STARS!

5 comments:

m said...

1. Colts suck - good choice.

2. I can't believe you left Edina - bad choice.

The Ex said...

Arlington, TX? Yay, I'm from the Dallas area too.

I played junior league hockey when I was a kid. I'm a huuuuge fan and love the Stars!

The Charming Hedonist said...

I've never actually been to an ice hockey game. I'll have to endure for the season, I guess.

Unknown said...

As a happy Canuck visiting your blog I must say 1.)there's never too much hockey talk in blogs and 2) canucks take all! :)

A Novelist said...

Yeah, now that football is officially over (for me anyway), it's on to Hockey!!! :)