Monday, January 14, 2008

At Least It's Not My Vacation

This is the entire text of an email that I got today from one of my guys that is on vacation this week. I just had to share it with everyone, as I spent the day laughing my ass off about it.

"Just checking in with you... My day started very weird: a squirrel got into my chimney and fell into my fireplace. Thank god there's a set of glass doors on the thing. I opened the front door and then the firescreen doors but the bastard just ran around the house looking like a soot soaked lunatique before running back to the firebox! Then he wouldn't come back out. Turns out the humane society doesn't do wild animal rescue and the guy they recomend wants $150 just to show up. He said "smoke him out, he'll find out real fast that he CAN climb up too"! So here I sit in a house covered in little black varmint paw prints watching a fire burn and praying NOT to see a smoke drugged squirrel fall onto the fire log. Hows your day? I think I'd rather be at work, myself."



10 comments:

Susie said...

HAHA that's awesome. Poor guy. And poor squirrel!

The Chief said...

"I just threw up, can't come in"

- that might have done the job just as well!

Kelly said...

awww...poor squirrel :(

Here's to hoping that the squirrel made it out!

Peter said...

Now THAT'S an e-mail.

mmg said...

Well how does it end?? Does the squirrel live? I hope so.

Girl in a Guy's World said...

This is the excuse I'm using the next time I want a day off. Because seriousy, it's so out there, how can it not be true!

TSTuesday said...

That is the funniest/saddest thing I have read all day!

Cazzie!!! said...

Too bloody funny mate!
Once, my hubby and I were rabbiting and we hired a ferret from thbis farmer...we put him in the hole to scare out the rabbit so we could catch him in a net and the bloody ferret went to sleep!!
We light a newspaper on fire and smoked the shit out of the hole...out he came..we took him back and said he was a lazy critter, LOL

Keshi said...

LOL hahahaha! poor ol bloke...

Keshi.

Girl in a Guy's World said...

Dying to know what your other comment was!