Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Good Year

So one of our suppliers decided that I should get a gift to celebrate my hard work in making last year one of their best ever.

And I got a pair of court side Sonics tickets, and THIS:


So amid the myriad of crap on my desk I have really great basketball tickets and a bottle of wine that makes the tickets look boring. The wine is my age, both of us just taking our time getting better since 1983. But just like the wine, the debate is complex. For what reason should I open the 1983 Graham's? Save it for my birthday in July (the QC for me and the wine) seems to be like the reasonable response, but I'm not sure. This could sit in the bottle for another ten+ years and still be amazing or be even better.


And an UPDATE:

Here is the last email from my guy on Vacation about the resolution of "SquirrelGate"

"Well, as per the advice of (I shit you not) "The Critter Catcher" I lit a fire and even kept it going all day. No squirrel has been seen in the fireplace since, so I hope he made it out. Actually, now as my wife and I clean up the black soot rodent prints, a little part of me hopes that he didn't. This has got to be the weirdest vacation ever. I'll see you on Monday."

12 comments:

Steph said...

Oh I love the "gifts". i only get make-up and passes to fashion events.

The Stormin Mormon said...

See I would be the straightest guy in Cosmetics... So I chose beer.

We have very few women, and hot women are non-existant. Cosmetics may have the edge there... Probably lots of hot women and very few straight men...

Son of a bitch, I chose the wrong field...

Jaime said...

I think you should send the bottle of wine to me.

That way the tickets would seem way better.

Girl in a Guy's World said...

Excellent wine. Still dying to know what that other comment was.

Alan said...

Waiting for the QC sounds like a good reason. Maybe share with M.V.N. If it's that amazingly fantastic, you could always acquire another bottle.

Eve said...

Hmm. Wines peak and then their quality starts to deteriorate. When is that bottle supposed to peak? Maybe email or ask a oenophile friend who would know about the specific bottle.

I say b-day would be perfect. But have it before your 25 shots. ;)

TSTuesday said...

Ohhh Graham's is amazing. Especially one the is 25 years old. Save that for a long, long, long time.

I feel bad for that dude, but honestly, it is hilarious.

Wanderlusting said...

I just bought a bottle of Francis Ford Coppola's wine. So far, I find it moody, dramatic and over-the-top. Which is strange for a chardonnay...

The Stormin Mormon said...

Jaime: LOL. I'll get right on that.

GGW: Other comment? I must be missing something.

Alan: MVN is out of the picture. I haven't posted to much about that lately. (OR at all)

Eve: The oneophile would be me. 1983 was one of the two defining vintages of the eighties. This could easily use another 10 years. I just don't know if I am that patient.

Chard: I know. The saving it part is something that I am not good at. I have a wine cave and even with the out of sight out of mind feature that presents I still drink up most everything.

WL: LOL... Coppola's wines are far better than his films. The same can be said for Greg Norman (better winemaker than golfer) and MAYBE Mario Andretti (the wine is great, but he was a phenominal driver).
If you can find it up there, give Townshend a try. Specifically the Merlot...

Brunhilda said...

Those are some sweet gifts. At my work I got a gift certificate to the movies, a calendar, and a bottle of not-fancy wine. Almost like yours, right?

Girl in a Guy's World said...

You said you had another comment on my blog. I think the one about spinning my own records.

rob rob the party slob said...

what's the point of trying to choose a great moment to open a great bottle of wine. whenever you open it, it becomes a great moment. Man that sounded like I'm deep.