Saturday, January 26, 2008

Drinking On Fridays

Now that I am up at 8:30AM thanks to the guy who DIDN'T go out with us last night calling me at 8AM to ask how it went. Let me tell you all how my Friday night went...

So there is a great thing in the world of drinking, and that thing happens to be Friday Night.

Friday night is that miracle time when you can get absolutely blasted because you have two full days to recover. The night that partying is easy, because there are a million reasons you want to, thanks to a week of work and just having left it all behind. And of course, the night that you damn well better have a Designated Driver, because the law don't give a damn why you're drinking.


Last night we had some beer people in town, and there is a new girl on my team at work (I say new, I've worked with her for 4 months, but hey, I've been busy), so the whole team decided in an impromptu fashion, to go out and have a blast. Just some of the friends from work getting together to shake their asses and have a fun. Not a work party, which we do, but those are different because there is a level of decorum expected from management and such (thank God we don't have bullshit "fraternization" rules, we're expected to get along with everyone).

So we all meet up at Château Hacker (the endearing term for the monstrosity of a house that Alyssa and her husband live in) to prefunk a bit and gather everyone together before departing to the club. Given my behavior LAST WEEKEND, I volunteered to be one of the the Designated Drivers...

The night was a mix of Coors Light, Blue Moon, J
ägermeister, Grey Goose, and Diet Coke. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to guess what I was drinking, but I had a great time. Every one of them is a "funny drunk" and so being the sober guy isn't taxing. We closed the place down, and then on the drive back home, all of the drunks were DEMANDING food. Hello 24 hour drive through.

I have done some very difficult things in my life. Extracting the food order from three drunk friends while at the drive through ranks somewhere near the top of the list. I ordered nothing as I was pretty sure that the food they did get was going to be spit in after the ordeal at the speaker...

Watching three drunks attempt to compile cash to pay for fast food while in the drive through line ranks right at the top of my list of fun things to do. Three people produced $90 (a ten and then four twenties) to buy $24 worth of fast food. Just bills handed out at random. Of course, I hand the lady two twenties (the damn sign on the window says nothing bigger than a $50, who the hell needs to pay for fast food with a hundred dollar bill, if you have $100 on you, you shouldn't be eating fast food) and then sit there waiting trying to think about how I am going to make change for everyone... Apparently that was not an issue. I ask them and get; "I don't care, fill your car with gas, you drove," as a unanimous response after a few seconds of drunk debate. Fine by me.

So we depart from the fast food joint, breaking the rules as we go (RULE 31: No drunks can eat in my car), but it was a fun night and I knew that food would sedate all of them. Though the spontaneous "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" singalong was wickedly entertaining...

And the fact that three drunks knew EVERY WORD of the song perfectly...

I mean, they could have been singing back-up for Pac and Snoop, PERFECT...

I love my job and the people I work with at time...


Anyways, everyone was crashing at the
Château Hacker, so there was only one house to get back to. I got them there, got everyone inside, and headed home. I got home just past 3AM...


Now it's going to be a long day of watching TV. It's here.

16 comments:

christa said...

classic......

Did you stop at McDonald's? Because I learned, last weekend, that McDonald's only takes cash between midnight and 2am. Something about restarting their machines... ridiculous....

The Charming Hedonist said...

I was that sober driver once. $127 at Krystals. That's all I can say about that.

The Charming Hedonist said...

Wait, he called you at 8am on a Saturday?! Did you ask him what the hell is wrong with him?

The Stormin Mormon said...

Christa: Nope. Jack In The Box. They are the only 24 hour place in the city we happened to be in.

THC: My favorite part about that comment: "ONCE." And no, I threatened his life...

Brunhilda said...

Your drunk friends are way less cheap than my drunk friends! Wow.

And I think I've said this before, but I love Blue Moon. It's easily in my top five beers. Probably in my top three.

Steph said...

How much does it suck being the only sober one in a car load of drunks?

I feel your pain, I had a similar experience this past weekend.

The Charming Hedonist said...

If I hadn't had been sober, I would have never believed we could spend $127 at Krystals.

Once. Yep, that's all it took.

The Stormin Mormon said...

Seq: Blue Moon is my favorite beer. Of all time. It's just so good.

Steph: It CAN be a great time. They just have to be controllable drunks. Shocked that both of us were the sober ones this past weekend. Liquor stocks must be plummeting. ;-)

TCH: How many people fit in the clown car you must drive? :-)

The Charming Hedonist said...

There were four other people in my car! I'll have to post about this one day. It was hilarious.

Keshi said...

LOL Steph!

I know the feeling too...Im quite a sober gal. :)

Keshi.

Susie said...

Drunk people are endlessly amusing when you're sober. I know I'm a pretty amusing drunk person.

And I wouldn't have answered the phone if it rang at 8 a.m. on a Saturday!

The Stormin Mormon said...

TCH: Yes, you will

Keshi: I'll bet... ;-)

Susie: The problem is that once the phone rang, I was up... I'm not the best at going back to sleep without a killer reason. And 8AM on a Saturday is getting three more hours of sleep than I do on a weekday, so I was pissed but it faded quickly.

TSTuesday said...

At least the people you were a driver for were cool. I couldn't imagine being around my friends sober when they are drunk, or vice versa, I don't think we'd be friends anymore.

How many Super Bowls have you watched so far?

Alan said...

Our 24 year old daughter doesn't drink much and often acts as our designated driver. It's nice to finally have useful kids.

The Charming Hedonist said...

Okay, so I posted about it. And can you tear yourself away from the Superbowl DVD long enough to tell me and Chards how it is?! No? Okay. I'm sure we both understand.

Me Myself and I said...

How nice of you to be the DD for your fun drunk friends!