Monday, January 21, 2008

Patience Are For Doctors

I am not a patient man. When I say I want something, I want it yesterday... I want it the day before yesterday, and an explanation about what the hell took so long.

This is why me and shopping online are a bad combination. Shipping shit takes time, and I don't like time.

God has blessed my with a huge city in which I can find just about everything that I could ever want, and it's all within an hour drive. Even though our sales tax is high enough to fund a small country for decades, I buy a majority of my things locally because I'm not a waiter. I'm a "nower". I even have the Executive Membership to Costco because that means that I get to shop there an hour earlier than everyone else, meaning NO LINES.

And at times, this whole lack of patience is less prominent than one might think. But now is not one of those times.


I found an item that I wanted, and could not find locally. So I had to order it online. It's been shipped from Plano, TX, and it will be here on Friday... But it's MONDAY!!! For God sakes, I could drive to Plano and be back by Friday. What did they send it, Express Tortoise?

And the worst part is that the damn company had no other shipping option. Just, buy this and we send it. See ya when it gets there.

So here I sit, checking the tracking info to see just where the Terrapin bearing my package happens to be...

15 comments:

E9 said...

I have found patience is directly linked to age in most folks..May I ask what you have ordered?

The Ex said...

Oh Plano, yay. I grew up there. :)

WiscoBlonde said...

I hate it when a tracking service only updates a package status once a day (or less) - how helpful is that really?

The Charming Hedonist said...

The tracking service is nothing but foreplay. It teases you about getting the item until one fateful day, it reads "On truck for delivery" and you have to wait for THAT.

I'm with BCA. What didn't Costco have?

The Stormin Mormon said...

BCA: The new Superbowl DVD box set. Every Superbowl ever, in their entirety.

Ex: And I've been there...

Wisco: It kills me. My package left Texas yesterday, and it's now just somewhere "In Transit."

TCH: One day there was "On Truck For Delivery" and then suddenly; "Delivery Rescheduled." I was so pissed.

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, when it arrives ya better have popped heaps of corn and have your favourite bevvy next to you.... maybe even a portapotty so ya don't have to leave the TV! LOL

Keshi said...

I hate shopping online..its a drag!

Keshi.

The Charming Hedonist said...

Did it come yet?

The Stormin Mormon said...

Cazzie: It's forty hours of football. I think I might get through it in a month... Maybe.

Kesh: Yeah. I'm just not the waiting type.

TCH: Hell no. The last place they recall it being is Colorado. I could have won a Superbowl by now...

Susie said...

Wow, every Super Bowl ever?? Crazyyy.

I had waiting. I hope it comes early!

TSTuesday said...

Shipping is the worst part about online shopping! Ugh! On the bright side, tomorrow is friday! Yay!

TSTuesday said...

Wait, I just noticed what you ordered. I'm flying out tomorrow to watch every Super Bowl ever. Talk about a dream weekend!

The Charming Hedonist said...

How about now? Is it there yet?

(And I'm with Chard. What time should I show up on Saturday?)

The Stormin Mormon said...

Susie: Yes. Or as I like to think of it, the greatest DVD box set since the "24" one last year.

Chard & TCH: I know. This is the reason I knew I needed to buy it. 40 hours of football, 48 hours in the weekend, thats eight hours of sleep. Which is exactly what one is supposed to get right?
I'm thinking of starting Friday night, but my damn friends want me to go out to the club with them... Which means they want a guaranteed "no wait in line" and a few free drinks.
Can't these SOB's see that I have important things to do?

STATUS: Departed Portland 12:02AM... Yesterday...

Steph said...

This is why Ebay is so frustrating. You bid then wait. You contact the seller, then wait. You transfer the money, then wait and then you wait for them to deliver the fucker.

It's painful.