Friday, January 11, 2008

Taggers

This post brought to you by: Fresh Lime Juice, Patron Silver, a hint of Grand Mariner, and a dash of salt. Shaken well, and strained.

So I got tagged by The Ex, and in the spirit of the New Year I have decided to play along.

Rules are pretty much standard fare. If I tag you at the end of this, play along. Mention me in the top line, list 7 random facts (your choice) and then tag seven people at the end. The people that I have chosen to tag may or may not play along, but I think that I have selected them based more upon how fun their facts could be than the guarantee of participation.

But first things first. The facts:

-I have no qualms about "playing dirty" at work when it comes to beating our competition. At times this has included bending or breaking the L.Q.B. laws. I spent time in school working on being an attorney, which I got bored with. I guess I have always been a crook at heart. I may justify it as the Liquor Control Board being a state monopoly that exists merely to tax me (and our product). It's not as if they're a legal agency out for the common good, they're just in it to make an easy buck. But it still should bug me more than it does.

-I will not go out with someone that I don't find interesting, no matter how attractive they are. This has been a hard call in the past, and will be a hard call in the future. Doesn't change anything...

-I am so very bad with names. But yet so very good with numbers. I have been in meetings reciting statistics like an encyclopedia, and still can't recall the names of half of the people I am meeting with. It has made the statement from me "would you like to bet" a virtual guarantee of accuracy at work.

-I am so bad about returning phone calls, but it's not as if I forget. I simply put the call at the lowest priority, and stuff always comes up. If I called you back, you're important.

-I won't drink a beer that I don't represent, and the mere sight of some of them repulses me.

-I read the Wall Street Journal every day. It's the only paper that I feel is worth a damn and for the most part they avoid politicizing the news.

-I will watch Steven Segal and Keanu Reeves movies even though I feel that both are horrible actors.


And now... The people that I'd like to see this one answered by:

Laughing Through My Chardonnay

Peter DeWolf

Bottle Blonde

Miss Natalie

Travistee

The Charming Hedonist

Ridiculous Life Lessons

Fingers crossed.

9 comments:

The Charming Hedonist said...

A friday night recovering from the severe alcoholism spent doing a meme? I'm in!

Alan said...

I could never be repulsed by any beer. However, I do try to avoid the macrobrews. (Yes I do mean macro with a "a").

Susie said...

I'm all about your #2. If someone's not interesting to me, they probably won't be attractive to me, even if they are physically attractive. I get bored easily!

I suck with names...and numbers.

christa said...

i would have played..... too bad.

The Stormin Mormon said...

TCH: I knew you would be up for it. ;-)

Alan: Macros are a significant portion of our business, but for the most part I run all over the map... Right now I am having a Rogue White Crane Ale.

Susie: It's not boredom, I just can't feign interest in someone... There are so many beautiful women in the world. I need something that gets and HOLDS my attention.

Christa: I had no idea that you would have played along. I will remember that down for the next time I get tagged (hey, once it was a 100 item list, be careful what you wish for).

? said...

I will not go out with someone that I don't find interesting, no matter how attractive they are.

Yes, but would you still BANG an uninteresting hot chick?

The Stormin Mormon said...

BB: Let's both admit that we've had sex with women that we had no interest in dating...

Girl in a Guy's World said...

So, indirectly, you're the one who's done this tag business to me.

Doll Face said...

I couldn't be with anyone boring! I did date a model once, I could get past the Hyundai, I could get past him not owning a TV - I couldn't get past his question when I told him I was watching the state of origin 'who's playing?' WTF WTF WTF!!!!

Ohhh okay, you may not know - state of origin is between 2 australain states. imagine your superbowl with only 2 rival teams - a man, he did not know!!

you've made this meme hard for me by saying something interesting AND what don't the people know...?