Monday, May 21, 2007

Last Night

So last night a friend called me up to ask if I wanted to go out to karaoke.

This is always a yes, but I never sing. I enjoy going out, I enjoy the camaraderie, I enjoy the beers, but I will not sing.

But Tim, and his fiance Jenn made me sing (technically they made everyone at our table sing). Then my friend Emily who was there made me sing with her. Two songs were put in, but we only got to sing one before the end of the night. (Garth Brooks: Friends In Low Places)

Then some dude put us all on the spot trying to be slick and serenading Brianne with "Lost That Lovin Feeling" ala Top Gun. The dude was pretty damn ballsy, I'll give him that. That said, I don't think that she was feelin' it. But I wasn't going to hate on him, so I sang Goose's part in the whole charade to keep him alive. My help was probably just going to happen because Brianne happens to be my kryptonite, and I can't form complete sentences around the woman. If I'm not going to give up and ask her out, I might as well make it easier for someone else to do so.

Then we managed to sing a couple more songs as a group. It was just a good time, and I made it home by 1:45AM. Good thing that I didn't have to be into work until 10, right?

I have gone out to karaoke far to many times (counting my tenure at Nintendo), and I have managed to NEVER sing. Last night I sang 4 songs... Ridiculous.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I love karaoke. It's sooo much fun. Now for your kryptonite. Why on earth won't you ask her out???

cadiz12 said...

ah, karaoke. maybe the fact that the Kryptonite was there is what made the "nonsinger" belt out four songs?

and yeah, what's the hesitation?

Doll Face said...

What's with karaoke? Everyones doing it lately! Listening to nails down a chalk board would be more pleasure than being subjected to my singing :-P

So, how much grog was consumed?

The Stormin Mormon said...

So the consensus is: "grow a pair and as her out..."


As for the beer drinking, I know that I had four pints. But I drink for a living, so four pints is a warm up. At that point I'm just getting ready to come out onto the playing field for some real drinking.