Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday (Yeah, the title is unoriginal, but so is the post.)

- What the hell is the Plural of Prius. You would think that because it is a trademarked name, that you could not change the spelling to pluralize it. But a small part of me wants it to be "Prieye"... (Just in pronunciation, I have no idea how the hell I would spell it.)

I saw about a dozen of these getting onto the Vashon Island Ferry today, and it just made me laugh. (After sitting in the ferry line for forty minutes, the weirdest things become very entertaining.)


-I finished the NY Times Crossword puzzle in twelve minutes today. It was a new personal best... By about 10 minutes... I still have about a 5% (1 in 20) completion rate on Sunday puzzles, but I only do them the honest way (no help from people or the internet). Doing this so fast made the wait for the ferry even longer. So I did the Sudoku puzzle in another 5 minutes (everything short of Fri/Sat/Sun puzzles is a waste of my time). Then I drank a Rockstar and read the sports page.


Needless to say, the lowlight of my day was waiting for the boat to Vashon. The rest of the day was blast. It was beautiful, almost 80 degrees (thats 27C, for everyone not in America), and I actually had that "sun sleepyness" when I got home.

The rest of the week is meetings, and possibly a Mariners game (tickets, while great seats, are not confirmed by work until tomorrow). Memorial Day is a week and a half away, and we are busting our asses to get everything done. So much work, so little time.

7 comments:

Steph said...

I adore that sun sleepyness! I'm sure I was meant for a live lounging by the pool.

Malnurtured Snay said...

Pria?

Eve said...

I think it's Prii.

jazz said...

crosswords.

now you're talking my language!

Cazzie!!! said...

Prii? That's what I'd say anyway.
You drank a rockstar, LOL< I'd wanna kiss one...."I'll have one Bon Jovi please!" Oh well, my attempt at humour, LOL.
The day sounded awesome :)
You crossword wizz, my, you are a smarty pants arent ya? LOL I enjoy doing them with a man who comes into work everyday and sits in the cafeteria because we saved his life 7 years ago ( twice he was brought back from dead). He is 82 and rides his bike the 33 kilometres to my work from his home every single day.

Trundling Grunt said...

I actually end up working on Memorial Day this year, but I'll catch up on it later. I love that warm snoozy feeling.

Me Myself and I said...

do those Rockstar drinks taste any good?