Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Work Party

Went off without any major catastrophes, though everything was the exact opposite of what I thought it would be...

First off, I thought that the crowd would be smaller. We gave out a ton of invites to clients, and we had a lot of suppliers invited, but I thought that a lot of them wouldn't make it out. Most of the time you can see a 20%-30% attrition rate in invitees, especially on a week night.

NOPE. Every MF'er that we gave an invite to showed up. The place was PACKED, there were a lot of old friends there and old enemies, and a few people that a small part of me wanted to have thrown out just to make them feel isolated.

My old boss (who I am now on the same level as, after my promotion) was there, and I haven't seen him a ton since the move up... COLD SHOULDER THE WHOLE NIGHT. I just wanted to yell; "hey, ASSHOLE, I didn't promote myself so how about you quit avoiding me and say hello.... Douche..." But alas, that would have made a scene, and so I held back. Why is it that some people that were above me are HAPPY for me and my new job, and others (pretty much just him) are just an ass about it. Oh well, I am half his age, and can take solace in knowing that by the time I am at an age where I want to be in a position of real power in the company, he'll be retired and wearing depends... THAT'S RIGHT BEYATCH, I'M YOUNG!!!

If anyone caught that last part, bravo...


Secondly we all manged to have FUN. There were so many new things released at this party, and I lost count. I think the coolest thing was one of our new beer dispensers (no, I did not get a photo and I can't find one online, but I'll post one as soon as we get one in the warehouse. The thing holds a twelve pack of liquid, has a tap, and has an ICE CORE that you freeze and insert into the center. The thing is d'shiznit... Then there is THE BOOT. If you have seen "Beerfest," you didn't need to click on that link. If you haven't seen it, go back and click, it's ok, I'll wait...
...
...
...
Took ya long enough. That's right, I got two of them. It is so going to be ON at my next party. It holds 2 Liters (5.6 bottles) of beer, so I think that should be sufficient to keep the party going! I got a couple of those, and some 3 Liter Steins that are totally B.A. Eight and a half beers in one hard to carry, heavy as hell (when full) container. Drink Up!

And I wasn't the only one to get a bunch of cool free shit. I think that our buyers and suppliers all had a really great time, and it did a lot to promote the company within the trade.


And lastly, everyone was smart and safe. We can all hold our beer pretty well, but nobody decided to push the limits. Just sensible partying all night long, which is probably the best idea when you're at a work function on a work night...


This Friday is not a work function, and not a work night.
We're still in the planning phase, and I need to find a suitable table for beer pong, but it will all come together in time.

3 comments:

cadiz12 said...

he's an ass because you getting promoted makes him feel inferior. if he's too much of a baby to get over it, that's just another reason he was overlooked.

Steph said...

What? No Hawaiian Breeze? LoLzzz

Cazzie!!! said...

Work shmerck..... made me laugh everyone invited fronted up, free booze and they're anyones.... if I had an invite I'd have come too..no cold shoulder from me :)