Monday, May 21, 2007

The Many Hats

So I was reading PeterDeWolf.com, and the topic of Pete's hat just came to the forefront of my mind. He's always wearing one hat.

Meanwhile, I have so many hats, and they all serve a different purpose.

-This one keeps me capable of going to work after a game. (Though I bought a new Oakley visor to replace the Bauer one that came with it)

-This one represents my driving passion, but I won't wear it now. Juan Pablo Montoya is a NASCAR sell out, and so this one sits in the closet gathering dust. Perhaps I'll buy a Lewis Hamilton one this season. (Though I don't like the one I found online.)

-This one gets me called a "bandwagoner," even though I have been a Colts fan for years.

-This one brings back nothing but great memories from years gone by, and painfull ones from the past couple of years.
-This one gets a few funny looks here in Seattle, but it keeps me connected to my team. It also proves that I do not look good in green, and yet I still wear the damn thing from time to time.


-This one keeps the lights on. It is the most notorious hat at partys, and is always in a picture or two...

And last but not least...

-This hat proves that I am in fact capable of ANYTHING, and that if someone tells me it's impossible, they must be wrong. (No, I really don't have that big of an ego, it just somehow works out that way.)

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hey, I know that guy!

It is kinda weird, I can only wear one hat at a time. I wear it until it gets all worn out, or displeases me in some other way.

It's kind of like a relationship.

I am currently shopping for a new hat.

And possibly a relationship.

Eve said...

Is the Coors Light one made of cans?

curmudgeon said...

Sorry, but that last hat makes me think the person sporting it prefers the company of men in the sack.