Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mid Week

So this is the official Mid Week Update, as my blogging has been spotty recently. Work has managed to consume all of my free time on weekdays, but that is about to change.

Stormin got smart.

After putting in a lot of 12 hour days, I just thought to myself that there had to be a way around it all. And so I thought long and hard about that one for all of Monday, and came up with a simple solution. Take some of Fridays stuff, and do it every other day during the week. Only the stuff that could be done early, and only that which I knew would not change on me mid-week. And so I did just that...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I honestly have about 8 hours of work to do tomorrow, and I will have a three hour day on Friday.

Now I know that I won't manage to make that happen, and in reality I may have about 5 hours worth of stuff to do, but that's way better than 6AM to 6PM...



Aside from that, things are going well. The new accounts I manage are a sickening combination of picky motherfuckers the will debate every last detail, and relaxed laid back casual people who want nothing more than to make sure they are making money. I like the latter, and have already gotten right to the edge of being in trouble because of the other ones.

Today one of the PMFers called me up, when I was already busy and behind in the work I wanted to do. Apparently something wasn't EXACTLY FUCKING PERFECT (in their opinion) and then needed me there IMMEDIATELY. I am not a pushover at work, and I wasn't born yesterday. I know that if I give them everything that they want, without any kind of restriction, even once, they will expect it every time. So I told them that I would be by in an hour, hour and a half tops... I go there in an hour and fifteen minutes, and stopped in to see the person who had called. She proceeded to tell me everything that was wrong, and how they had a corporate tour that was going to be overseeing all of these wrong things that were going to get her in trouble.
I assured her that we had in fact set everything up right, because I knew their manager and had gone over the changes with him. Well that went over great...

PMFer - "There is no way that he approved that, because he has told me before that we aren't going to be making any changes to the initial months plans once I have them. He's the one who is going to yell at me when he see's how wrong this is."

Stormin - "PMFer, I assure you, I have spoken with him about this already, and he's fine with it. If anything comes up when he is in tomorrow, simply have him give me a call. I really can't be stopping by for things like this, when I could have told you this over the phone."

PMFer - "No, that's not good enough. Your word doesn't stop me from getting in trouble with him. I have him on speed dial, because we have gone over this so much."

Stormin - "Let's ask him."

And I pulled out my phone, and hit ONE key to dial him (that's right, he's in my 5 BITCH)...

Stormin - "Boss Man, I just wanted to call because I'm in seeing PMFer, and I needed to confirm that those changes that we talked about last week are OK. I'm going to put you on speaker."

Boss Man - "Yeah, of course they are OK. Why would you even ask?"

Stormin - "PMFer wanted me to be sure, and I wanted to confirm it for both of us."

Boss Man - "She had you drive over there? You could have talked to her about it on the phone. Anything she needed to verify she could call me herself about it."

Stormin - "No worries, I was close by. I'll talk to ya later."

Boss Man - "Take it easy..."

Stormin - "If it's easy, I'll take it twice."

Boss Man chuckles (he expected that reply from me) and hangs up.

SCORE ONE FOR STORMIN...


One down, five to go. The others are already TRAINED, or they are just cool and know that I do my job and do it well.



On a side note, I met a new, cute, SINGLE (for a change) girl. Shockingly enough, I think that I may have to ask this one out... She's MY AGE (also a change) and apparently, according to friends, a really nice SANE girl. It would be a refreshing change of pace!

2 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Touchdown Stormon, what massive satisfaction you must feel...lol at PMFer...hahha, victory is sweet.

Good luck with the new chick, take it easy mate.

little things said...

PMFer.....did you make that up?
I love it!