Friday, April 6, 2007

Still S L O W

So I have no clue as to why my internet service is slower than ever before. This shit is pissing me off. Remember dial-up internet, with the tying up of the phone line, and the slow ass data transfer rates? This is what it’s like at my house right now…

I don’t pay for dial-up, I pay for broadband, so why the fuck am I getting dialup speeds?

Today I am calling up those bastards and they are straightening this out, or I am getting a different service. For over $100 a month (including the TV, but it’s not as if I watch that a ton anyways) they should be here and taking care of this shit without any delay.


So aside from my whining about not being able to screw around on the internet when I get home…

Work has been a disaster and a half recently. Numbers are better than ever before, and for some reason the upper management is determined that they want to shuffle some people around and see if that has a positive effect. In talking to the people on the team I manage, I’ll admit, some of them are ready for a change. But I think that (at least in my opinion), they shouldn’t be interfering with the people that aren’t “ready for a change.” This includes ME… I don’t want shit to change right now. Numbers are great, the accounts and reps that I deal with are great, and I see no need to screw with success. So what do they (upper management) say? “Don’t worry about it Stormin, everyone is hesitant about change at first, but we’re sure that this is going to benefit everyone.”

How the fuck do they know that this is going to benefit anyone? Every single person that they move is going to have to deal with new people that they don’t know, in many instances displacing someone that was doing a great job. This helps out how?

Well apparently, a few people whining about work has led to them thinking that everyone wants/needs a change of scenery, and so now we have no say or input in this entire situation…

Fuck it, I’ll kick ass any place, any time...

As for the rest of it, this weekend is going to be kinda hectic. There’s a big barbecue out at a co-workers place, then we’re all going out to this crazy bar that they (my coworkers) are all obsessed with, and then we’re all crashing back at his place (we already assume that nobody but the unlucky few to DD will be capable of driving). I may volunteer to DD just because it has been one hell of a week, and I have no desire to go out and get drunk on Friday night. After typing that, it looks weird reading it. I think that’s probably the opposite of what most people would plan for their Friday night after a long week. The statement of the night is rarely; “Hey, I’ve had a long week, no drinks for me…” Whatever I do, I’m sure I’ll have a good time.

Then Saturday and Sunday, the entire day (both of them) is going to be spent painting a friends new house. I had ordered a few cases of “samples” so we could drink some new beers (ones that aren’t even on the market yet, but I’ll write more about them in a later post) and I think I am going to get screwed out of them. Which sucks, because it’s not like I can swing by the store and pick some up if I don’t get them from the office.

It’s 5:30, and I am wide awake. I think I’m going to take a shower, go get some coffee, and start the day off early (well, early for a Friday), which kinda sucks when I was out until 12:30 last night. Oh well, in early = out early. I may need a nap before the bar tonight anyways…


(To quantify SLOW, it took twenty minutes to load the requisite pages to post this on my blog. TWENTY MINUTES…)

1 comment:

WiscoBlonde said...

Note to self: Find friend who can bring yet off-the-market beer when I drag him over to my apartment to do manual labor for me. :)

Good luck with the internet. I know with my company, they'll credit your account for the amount of days that you have problems.