Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Training Day

So today I had a trainee with me, and the day was a good time for all.

(Shoulda treated him like Denzel Washington did in that movie, but I didn't think of it until far to late in the day.)

Since I managed to fuck up my hand, and I'm pretty well useless, I guess they figured that they should just give me a helper and make my easy day even easier.

It went something like this:

-Come into work an hour and forty eight minutes late. It took me over an hour to get dressed for work, and traffic was bad, and I slept late. Hey, I'm in off my meds and in pain, deal with it.

-Go visit two key accounts, where a majority of the work had been done yesterday and my entire purpose was to buy coffee. Well, that and talk up Cinco de Mayo (dumbest stolen holiday ever)....

-Go visit one minor account, and find out that the person who would have been there to chat with was out sick. Get coffee for his second in command, and make him feel like a big shot.
_Cup Of Coffee: $3.75
_Hour Of My Time: More than a dollar, and less than a hundred.
_The guy who may be in charge one day thinking that you're the man: Priceless

-Spend two hours at lunch playing pool and killing time.

-Go visit a couple more people with one of our biggest accounts. They are always fun to go visit with, and so this was hardly work.

And after all that, I decided to call it a day. 7:48 to 4:45, which I guess is in fact a full day at work. I just feel like I didn't really do anything. The trainee that was with me asked if that was a normal day. I actually laughed at the question, and then explained to him that they somehow put him with me on what is the easiest day of the week, making it even easier. He was glad to hear that most days are busier...

He might have a future in this business.

6 comments:

Knitty Yas said...

wait .. what? what the hell kind of job do you do?

my jobs have never been like that... well except when i worked in health care. ;p we lived at starbucks and did nothing all day. and people wonder why their medical insurance cards never work...

little things said...

I want your job!
And I'm glad you visited, I changed my link to reflect your new blog, but screwed something up along the way and couldn't get back.
Whew!
Hope your hand feels better soon...

Me Myself and I said...

I don't think 'dumbest' is actually a word. But in light of your injury, the grammar police will let this one go ;)

...

wait a minute. IS dumbest a word?

now I'm confused.

MadameBoffin said...

Photogirl: Yes, dumbest is a word. So is dumber. Dumberest is not a word, however.

Eve said...

You have an intern! Woohoo!

Del said...

I agree - I want your job!