Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Weekend Of Sports

So I have a long weekend of sports and "24" ahead of me. (And... I can hear Steph groaning from Oz)



-Hockey... It's the playoffs, and Dallas managed to win last night. 2-0 and the series is tied at one game a piece. Sadly enough, if Vancouver beats Dallas, I am actually going up to BC for the next playoff series. But, I'd much rather not go up, and have my team advance in the playoffs. I did make the decision last night that if Dallas makes it to the Stanley Cup finals, I am flying to Dallas to catch 2 games of the series.



-F1... HOLY CRAP, look at the rivalry between Ferrari and Mercedes Benz. This is INSANE.

Felipe Massa - Ferrari - 1:32.652
Lewis Hamilton - McLaren Mercedes - 1:32.935
Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari - 1:33.131
Fernando Alonso - McLaren Mercedes - 1:33.192

Until the race tomorrow morning (4:30AM local time), there will be significant debates about who was running what fuel loads and how the people qualified in the manner that they did. Did McLaren-Mercedes decide to run a light fuel load in Hamilton's car in and attempt to put him on the front row. Hopefully with nobody in front of him, the young Brit can drive away from the field, while Massa will be fending off advances from Alonso. This is assuming that the MB cars manage to jump off the line with any sort of speed.



-NASCAR... As much as I don't understand the circle track fanatics, I do have to keep up on the winners and losers because of work.



-Baseball... So, with the Mariners have EIGHT postponed games already this season, they play Texas this weekend at home (here in Seattle, where we were smart enough to put a roof on the damn stadium so that we can always play). They lost last night, dropping to 3-3 on the season, and they play again today at 12:55.

2 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

Sounds like...err... fun?

Have a great weekend! ;)

Cazzie!!! said...

Holly snapping koala shit..sounds like an amazing weekend, plenty of chips dips and beer too??