Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 16

Yes, you will all be suffering though another fourteen days of these crappy post titles, but I am addicted to their lack of simplicity and so I think that I will keep it up.

I'm here today to present spy shots of a product not yet available on the market. And it's not THIS CRAP, which happens to be wrong in so many ways that I can't even begin to describe my loathing (not clicking on that link causes things below to not make sense, so I do recommend it). And that's disregaurding the whole "direct competitor" thing.

So here it is:

That's right people, Rockstar Roasted. The greatest thing to happen to coffee since Juan Valdez!

And now that I have bashed our only competitor, I'd like to explain why...

1: Can Labeling - Note that all of our flavors here are clearly described. Even the fact that we happen to have a "Light" variant, and what makes it light, is clearly labeled. The competition? Nope...

2: Brand Unity - Why the hell they put the Coffee (and at that "Java") first on their can is beyond me. It's a classy looking can, and then they shove their company name to the basement on the label. What gives? Our name is right at the top, where it belongs. We want people to pick this up because it says Rockstar. We know that the liquid inside will keep them coming back.

3: Flavor Selection - As if some BS like having to compete with "Mean Bean" isn't enough, at least we chose flavors that people know. I will admit that Seattle is a huge coffee market (top three in the nation volume wise, though if you break to "per capita" I think we're number one) so we have an edge here over other markets at launch. But even if the city I'm in happens be a bit more savvy than some others, "Latte," "Mocha," and Light Vanilla" all happen to convey flavor concepts that people WANT when ordering coffee regardless of where they're ordering it.

4: Brand Base - Out here Rockstar outsells Redbull. Nuff said...

5: Taste - I've had the Java's, and I have to say that these kick major ass in the flavor department. The coffee is the predominant flavor, with no harsh "energy drink kick" at the finish. Not overly creamy, but with a true espresso taste. (And about triple the caffeine, with all of the other Rockstar goodness thrown in.)

So look forward to seeing this stuff sometime in mid-December at a store near you. I'll be drinking it so much (it's really tasty) that I'll probably be sick of it by then... But all of my cans say this:



Let me know what you think when you try it. I'm already making cold and blended iced drinks with Baileys, Kahlua, etc... They are MONEY.

6 comments:

Eve said...

Hmm. I'm not sold on the energy drinks in general. Too sweet.
I do like beer though!

WiscoBlonde said...

Yummy...I agree nice as a mixer!

? said...

As long as it's a can of liquid sugar, I'll drink it! Convince me that I'll develop diabetes after one serving and you're on.

Me Myself and I said...

I'm not so sure I want to try one of those. I'm with eve, I'll stick to beer thx!

cadiz12 said...

where was this when i was in college and needed to stay up three nights in a row?

Valency said...

Your JOB ROCKS.

Hi, my name is Stormin' Mormon, and I get to drink yummy shit and get paid for it.

I know, I KNOW. You actually do MORE wor than just that...