Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day Twenty Four

So it really turned out to be one of those "buckle the fuck up and hold on" kinda days.

Today was the Apple Cup, a football game between The University of Washington Huskies, and The Washington State University Cougars which is a tradition that goes back 100 years. Exactly 100 years this year. It's a traveling game, alternating back and forth between schools every year. This year the dirty Cougars traveled to Seattle to take on my beloved Huskies.

The game is intense every year, and the Centennial Game was a huge deal. So the partying had to get underway early. The game was at 4PM...

So we started the tailgating at 9AM...

Tailgating is a football tradition in every city, and up at the UW we do it right. The Tyee parking lot is full of people, pop-up canopies, barbecues and various other wonderful cooking apparatuses, and beer. We kicked it off something FIERCE today. Usually the game is around 1PM, so we had an extra three hours due to the 4PM start to get the party going right.

The following are personal stats of mine from the game:

Beers consumed BEFORE the start of the game - 15
Footballs thrown around the parking lot (remember I have a torn ACL) - 4
Bowls of Chili consumed - 3
Bratwursts consumed - 3
Number of ass smacks given out, followed by "good game" - To many to count...

We ended up losing the game in the last minute by giving up a ridiculous touchdown. Everyone was far more muted after the game. I am so tired, I have lost my voice, and I think I might have tweaked my knee a bit. It's not really bending well.


In closing, the following clip has had me laughing for the past two days, so I had to post it. It's not work appropriate due to the profanity and racial jokes, but if you're anything like me, that doesn't stop you from laughing about it.