Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day Twenty Eight

So with the end of the month fast approaching the one thing on everyone's mine must be original post titles the fast approaching Christmas holiday.

Here's a list of thing that I will, and will not be doing this holiday:

1: I will buy a tree. I am so far out of line on this one. Normally this is up the day after Thanksgiving and now here I am almost a week after the holiday and I haven't gotten a damn thing done.

2: I will keep Egg Nog in the fridge at all times. I know that you don't have to drink this only during the holidays, but I sure as hell can't think of a reason to pour out a glass of this stuff in July...

3: I will not be getting wasted on Egg Nog and ruining it for the rest of my life. This is the whole problem with St Patty's day and the Irish Car Bomb... I can't drink these at any time of year except on St Patty's Day, because of how trashed I got on them a couple years back. It takes 364 days to forget that feeling of just being wrecked.

4: I will do my best to buy gifts for my clients that I feel have done their best to do their best for my company's brands. And in the spirit of the season I will be down right nice to the people that I feel have been nothing but pricks all year. But I sure as shit will not be buying them a gift.

5: I will REMEMBER to call my family on Christmas. Thanksgiving was an 8 o'clock (PM) memory... I think that I have to do better than that on Christmas.

6: I will not eat any fruit cake, for any reason. Every holiday season I get talked into a single slice and then immediately remember why I hate that shit. And it's the same thing every time; "but mine is really good," and IT ISN'T... It's SHIT.

7: I will not hate the holiday because of the incessant over playing of Christmas music. Every year the damn "holiday rotation" pushes me right to the edge and it's a dangerous battle to not be the Grinch.

8: I will not be concerned only with work up until the last minute. I do have to go into work on the 24th for a few hours, but I am not going to get so wrapped up in it that I forget about the holiday.

9: I will not cancel of reschedule my vacation. It's in two weeks (well, more like nine days) and I am not going to miss it. I may not leave town... Thinking about hiding in my house... Probably playing Rock Band for days...

10: AND FINALLY - I will not blog every single day. Maybe every other day. Maybe...

2 comments:

itisthelittlethings said...

I like your list. I'd be wise to need it as well. Especially on the tree part...we're moving mid-December and what to do about getting a tree?

cadiz12 said...

tell me about it. this year nablopomo was much harder than last.