Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day Fifteen

So here we are back to full fledged blogging thanks to a quick recovery by the good people at Gateway. Normally I won't plug to many products on the blog, but they came through fast, and so I'll give them props. Anyone that manages to get my stuff back to working in a single day is fine by me.

In other news, work is a zoo thanks to Thanksgiving and the delightful collection of nightmares left for me while I was away in Vegas last week. This week has certainly kept me busy, and halfway through the month I am already thinking about Christmas. Mostly because it is tradition to begin the tree picking out, cutting down, and decorating the day after Thanksgiving. This mostly means that there will be a large thing in my living room for a month and a half, and that I will need to find new and inventive ways to keep the damn dog from drinking all the water. The suggestion of a fake tree was brought up by a coworker and that was shot down real fast. The only reasons to not have a REAL TREE up are as follows:

1: Allergy to pine pollen or rosin.

2: You're Jewish (I know a few people who like the tree as a holiday symbol and put one up anyways.)

3: You're Muslim (I don't know any Muslims who put up a tree anyways, but I can't see why they couldn't)

4: You're a Jehovah's Witness. (This is one of the reasons that me and The Witnesses don't get along. Come on, CELEBRATE!)

5: You have burnt down the house recently enough that the request for a real tree is still a bit of a sore subject.

That bunny being on the floor always makes me smile... It's the real victim in that fire. ;-)


So in a week (and a day) I will be hiking through a field with a saw, it will probably be raining, and I will be having a great time.

5 comments:

Trundling Grunt said...

Shades of Christmas Vacation - great thought.

christa said...

at least your dog doesn't climb the tree... like my cat.

Alan said...

OMG! Gateway was actually helpful? Did hell freeze over too?

We acquired our tree and put it up a couple days ago. (Nothing says Christmas like a prelighted tree from Costco.)

curmudgeon said...

Reason #6: You live in the desert where the nearest trees are hundreds of miles away, except for the tree lots which carry trees that were cut down and shipped in September.

The Stormin Mormon said...

TG: Exactly

Christa: I think that the dog would try if he could get under there. He is a huge trouble maker.

Alan: I know, I was shocked too. I bought the computer at Costco, so I think that the prompt service may have been their doing.

Mudge: Touche...