Friday, November 2, 2007

Day Two

So here I am, fully enjoying Friday with a cold beer or three, and planning what I am going to be doing in Vegas. The trip is next week, and everything is pretty well hammered out. So much so in fact that I don't really have a whole lot of free time while down there to tour around and "do the whole Vegas thing."

I'll do my best to get photos, and I WILL POST DAILY from Vegas, as NaBloPoMo doesn't happen to end with my vacation. :-)

Thursday I arrive, and we have a huge Welcome Ceremony from the beer people that are paying for this trip. Is the huge welcome just a way to kiss our asses right off the bat? Probably, but I'm not complaining. There will also be some beer related speeches to keep us focused on this being a work trip. That's important because I am not paying for a damn thing, so we must pretend that this is a WORK TRIP, and WORK RELATED so that I don't have to pay the taxes.

Friday we are golfing. Two consecutive rounds in a "Battle To The Death." They're spending over $500 a round per person on this golf outing, so we better be working really hard. I think that the knee is going to be hating me at the end of the day, but the only option that's not golf is going to the spa for the day to talk about beer and get massaged. I have a problem with a stranger touching all over me, so I'll just golf with the messed up knee. A beer or two and I'm sure I won't mind. Friday nights dinner will be held at Alex at The Wynn, so thankfully that happens to be where we are staying. A quick shower and a change will be necessary after 9 hours of golf.

Saturday we have a "meeting" that's going to be held over breakfast, and then we are off to play in a poker tournament exclusive to the members of the group. First prize is rumored to be $13,000 cash... If I win it, I'm blowing the money on something stupid. I expect this one to last all day and into the night. Saturday night we are going out to Pure where they happen to have reserved that entire VIP room. (Of course, we will be talking about beer the entire time, this is a business trip.)

Sunday, if I feel like getting up before noon, we have a second day at the spa available to ease things up before going home. I don't know if I will make it. The farewell is at 1PM, and then it's off to the airport to fly home. It is going to be one long weekend, and I think that somehow I won't be as happy with "real life" when I get home... Oh well, I'll live.

3 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

damn! I want to win $13K playing poker!

have a fun trip :)

Steph said...

You have a problem with a stranger touching you?
Have you never had a one night stand?
:P

The Stormin Mormon said...

PG: I hope that I can win it!

Steph: I mean a stranger giving me a rub down with no sexual connotation. Plus I know I would get a dude... And that ain't cool.