Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day Six

So here I am two days before my Vegas excursion and I have done almost nothing to prepare for the trip itself.

I still have to do laundry. After all Vegas requires some clean clothes. I will have to take two days worth of business clothes just for dinner Friday and Saturday, clothes to go out to the club in, clothes for golf, and then casual clothes for the time that I am not at any of the previously mentioned events. I think I will have about seven complete sets of clothes with for a four day trip. And four pairs of shoes... This does not bother me.

I still have to pack. This one isn't just the obvious stuff. I need to pack my golf shoes, gloves, balls, and various trinkets. My rental clubs are covered, but they don't rent all of that other stuff while you're there. I need to pack my laptop, PSP, Nintendo DS, cell phones (yes, I have two) and all of their chargers. My knee brace and Percocet also must make the trip. And then the various toiletries that won't be at the hotel (shaving cream, aftershave lotion, cologne, razor, etc...) while accounting for the TSA and their fascination with denying large amounts of any liquid on planes, by making sure that I don't have to large a container of hair gel or something. Last time they threw away a brand new tube of gel for me. This time I won't be sacrificing $20 for their odd fantasy that I am somehow a terrorist.

I need to clean the house. I don't know why, but I like coming home to a perfectly clean house. I mean NOTHING left to clean... I guess that it just makes the segway from vacation back to normal life easier when you don't get home and feel the need to do anything for at least 12 hours.

I need to prep the people that work for me... This is going to be like a teacher telling the kids to behave and work while they go into the hall for a moment. Not a damn thing will be done while I am gone, and I know that I will come home to more work than I normally have when I am here... So what, I'll at least enjoy my weekend.

I need to print out all of my emails confirming everything for the trip. Nothing like the pain in the ass of trying to show a reservation agent your phone so that she can read the email with your confirmation number. I learned this one years ago the hard way, and now take printed copies of everything with just in case. That and, God forbid, I could manage to kill both of the phones...


And I'm sure that there is more for this list that I just somehow have not mentioned. Little things that I have forgotten about (set up mobile blogging so that I can email in my posts maybe) which will pop up in the next thirty six hours.


You may ask, well why are you wasting time typing this instead of actually working on that list?

Well kids, in order to get ahead at work so that things will go as smoothly as possible while I am going, I was up at 2:00AM this morning, and I am so tired that at 6:00PM all I want is sleep. But NaBloPoMo waits for no man's rest, so here's the post, and I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

WiscoBlonde said...

You crazy kids and your blogging every day.....

megan said...

thank you for the time to keep us entertained

Eve said...

Definitely agree on the cleaning the apartment before going away. It makes things so welcoming when you get home.

Wanderlusting said...

I need to work out. I've got a spin class in half an hour that I have debated going to all day.

And yet, here I am, reading your blog...

Keshi said...

tnxx! :)

Keshi.