Monday, November 19, 2007

Day Nineteen

So it has been a day of wonderful things.

-A guy who works for my "forgot that he had to be in today..." To bad I can't tell payroll to forget that he works here.

-A retail chain criticized a program that I set up because the Point Of Sale that went along with it didn't have "the look they were hoping for." When I asked about the look that they wanted, the response was fast. "More, 'Saks Fifth Avenue.' Make it look luxurious and expensive." This is a program on which we spent almost triple what our competition did with their promotions and was so favored by the corporate management that they declared it the only mandatory merchandising program of the quarter... But hey, they need it to be more expensive...

-A different branch of the same retail chain called me to tell me how great the new set up in the beer department looked. I was in such a foul mood that I had to fake joy at the compliment (that I really should have been happy about). I just wanted to say; "Hey, how about you give douchebag at the other store a call and let him know that. I damn well hope it looks good, I designed it."

-The guy who "forgot" shows up at ONE PM... He is done by 5:30PM...

-I leave work at 7:00PM, having started at 6:00AM.


I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I don't even want to do anything, I just like the resting part of the day, but I already promised a friend that I would come to his celebration. It should be a great time.

No comments: